Mahalaxmi Shenoy is a Child Prodigy hailing from Karkala in the Udupi Dist of Karnataka. She received blessings from His Holiness Srimad Sudhindra Theertha Swamiji of Sri Kashi Mutt for her rendering of Bhajans at the tender age of three and half. Studied Carnatic Vocal initially for 5 years from from Late. Vidwan Vyasakrishna Upadhyaya of KARKALA.
Since 1999 she is learning Hindustani vocal music from Grammy Award Winner Mohan Veena Artist Pt. Vishwamohan Bhatt of Jaipur. With rigorous training under the maestro's valuable guidance coupled with committed riyaz she has become his foremost Vocal Disciple.
She has "SANGEET VISHARAD" from Akhil Bharatiya Gandharv Mahavidyalaya Mandal.
Melodious Voice, Purity of Tone, Clarity of expression and Speedy multifaceted Taan patterns in all three octaves ( Mandra, Madhya and Tara Saptakas) and command over language are her hallmarks. Her music has been liked by many musicians, music critics as well as by the common audience.
In academics she is BA ( English Major, Journalism and Psychology) and MSW and MS in counselling and Psychotherapy from Kuvempu University, Shimoga( Karnataka)
After her first concert at ROTARY CLUB of Moodbidri in Dec 1999 Mahalaxmi has given over 900 Performances in last 14 years in many states of India and abroad.
- Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh(2007) & Guru Shishya Utsav(2010) at Varanasi and at National Thermal Power Corporation - Ranikut, UTTAR PRADESH
- Sri Ramakrishna Ashram, New Delhi (2013) & GSB Ganeshotsav, Karolbagh, New Delhi( 2013)
- Kal Ke Kalakar Sammelan(2007); NCPA(2006), NGMA(2008), Dadar Matunga Cultural Centre(2007), Karnataka sangha(2008 & 2013), Pt Bhimsen Joshi Memorial Music Festival(2013) at GSB Dombivili, GSB SABHA Gudipadva and Snehamilan(2014) - Mumbai
- Pt. Jithendra Abhishekhi Sangeet Utsav 2011 at Kala Academy, Panaji, GOA & at Manipal University Convention Centre, Manipal(2013)
- Ganvardhan(2006) & Gandharv Mahavidyalaya Mandal(2008)- Pune, Gayan Samaj Deval Club(2006)- Kolhapur & Music Festival(2008)- Sholapur; Khalwayan, Rathnagiri(2011) and Chiplun(2011), Pandarpur( 2014).... MAHARASHTRA
- Salt Lake Festival(2006) and Sutanati Parishat(2009) - Kolkata
- Interuniversity Cultural Music Festival(2007) and "Bhajanamrutha"- 2011, Centenary year Celebrations of SGS Sabha(2013) - Chennai
- Late Panchakshari Gavai Music Festival - Chennai(2008) , Mysore (2006) Raichur(2007), Shimoga(2007)
- Prachin Kala Kendra - 2008 & 2010 - Chandighar
- Saptak Music Festival( 2012), Ahmedabad; Musical Tribute to Swami Vivekananda as part of 150th Birth anniversary celebrations at Sri Ramakrishna Mutt, Rajkot(2013 and 2014), Aradhana Music Academy(2009) & Sangeet Sankalp Saptaha(2010) - Ahmedabad, Jamnagar(2009 & 2010) and Valsad(2009) - GUJARAT
- Ustad Amir Khan Memorial Music Festival at Amritsar(2008); Jalandhar(2009), Patiala(2009) and Mohali(2010) - PUNJAB
- Devnandan Ubhaykar National Youth Festival(2008), Ananya(2006), Saptak(2011),Raga sangama Sangeeth Sabha(2012), Sri Rama Kala Vedike(2012), Sri Kashi Mutt ( 2004,2008,2013) at Bangalore.
- Sawai Gandharv Sangeet Samaroh, Kundagol(2003 & 2004), Karnataka
- Surmandal(2005) of Hyderabad, Tirupathi, Vishakapattanam - ANDRA PRADESH
- Cochin Thirumala Devoswom, Cochin(2011) and Gunjan of CALICUT(2006), Kasaragod, Kanhangad, Badiadka, Manjeshwar, Kannur - KERALA
- Sri Ramakrishnashram, Jaipur(2014), Maharana Kumbh Parishat at Udaipur(2008), Chittorghar(2008) and Jodpur(2009) - RAHASTHAN
- Gaya(2009)- BIHAR
- Zohrat & Balimayi(2009) - ASSAM
- Sri Vedavyas Mandir, (2006 and 2013) & at Deva Samskriti University(2013) -Haridwar - UTTARAKHAND,
- Abhinav Kala Samaj, (2008) & National College(2013) at Indore and Abhinav Kala Foundation - Bhopal(2009) - MADHYA PRADESH
- She has extensively performed in KARNATAKA - Mysore Dasara Festival(2008 and 2013), Ananya, Arohi and Saptak(2011) - Bangalore, Hubli, Dharwad, Belgaum, Gadag, Koppala, Ilkal, Kaiga, Athani, Honnavar, Bhatkal, Shirali, Navy Utsav - Karwar, Sirsi, Shimoga, Hassan, Chickmagalur, Belagur, Mangalore, Udupi, Karkala, Belthangady, Puttur,Sullia and many places of Udupi and DK districts..and so on
- Sur Hindol and UAE Amchigele Association - DUBAI( 2007)
- Dosseinheim, Hidelberg, GERMANY - 2009
- USA TOUR 2012 - Total 22 concerts in 3 months. Performed at New Jersy Convention Centre, EDISON, New Jersy, USA on 1st July during WORLD KONKANI SAMMELAN 2012.
BOSTON - 7th and 8th and 15th July, Connecticut 14th, 21st July... Balaji Temple, Pittsburgh, 28th July.. Houstan, 4th Aug at LOS ANGELIS and on 5th August at SAN DIEGO.. programme organised by Indian Fine Arts Association in the presence of Sitar Maestro Bharath Rathna Pt. Ravishankar. Also performed at San Fransisco, Houstan, Chicago, Salt Lake city, Columbus, Buffalo, New York Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan and other places.
TYPES OF PERFORMANCES GIVEN
- Hindustani Classical Music Concert of 90 - 120 minutes duration. This may include one or two light classical varieties and devotional songs also.
- Classical and Devotional concert of 2 hours duration. This has one Khayal of about 40 - 45 mins and then all devotional songs
- Full Devotional songs concerts in KANNADA( Dasavani), MARATHI (Abhangavani), HINDI(Bhajans) and KONKANI or a combination in all 4 languages - each of of 2 hours duration.
- Theme based concerts like " KRISHNARPAN" or " RAMA GUNA GAAN" - each of 90 -120 minutes duration
- Kannada Bhavageet, Janapada geet, Patriotic songs concert of 90 -120 minutes duration
MUSIC COMPOSING AND ALBUMS
Her Classical Music Aibum " ANAGHA" with Raag Madhuvanthi and Chandrakauns - 2004
She has composed Music for many devotional songs.
1.GURU GUNA GANA( Konkani Devotional - 2003) - Released by His Holiness Srimad Sudheendra Thirtha Swamiji
2.EDDU BARO RANGA( Kannada Dasara Padagalu, 2004)- Released by Pandit Anup Jalota
3.KRISHNARPANA ( Kannada Dasara Padagalu, 2012) - Released by Pt. Vishwamohan Bhatt
4. " YORE BADARAYANA" Konkani Devotional Album - - Released by His Holiness Srimad Sudheendra Thirtha Swamiji at Mangalore on 2nd JUNE 2012
5." MEERA" - an Album of Meera Bhajans from N A CLASSICALS, MUMBAI(2012) - Composed by her Guru Pt. Vishwamohan Bhatt and by herself
6. " VASUDEVA GANAMALA"- Konkani Devotional Album - - Released by His Holiness Srimad Sayyameendra Thirtha Swamiji at Sri Venkatramana temple, Mangalore in Feb 2014
7. " GURU NAMANA" Kannada Devotional songs Album released at Sri GANAGAPURA Dattatreya Temple on 4th March 2014
8." VIVEKANAND KO SANGEETANJALI" Hindi devotional Songs Album released by Rajkot Ashram. Mahalaxmi has sung 4 out of 8 songs of this Album
AWARDS AND TITLES
- " Surmani" Title from Sur Singar samsad, Mumbai(2007)
- " National Award" in Interuniversity National Youth Festival(2007) at Chennai
- " Samskrithi Darshana " National Youth Artist Award( 2008) at Karkala from Alva's Education Foundation, Moodabidri
- "Gouda Saraswat Kogile" from Managing Committe of Sri Kashi Mutt of Bangalore(2008)
- "Abhinav Kala Samman" , Bhopal(2009)
- " Young Achiever Award - 2010" from Rotary Club of Karkala ,
- " Bhaktidhara" Title from Bhajanamrutha(Jan 2011), Chennai
- " Konkani Nakshtra Yuva Puraskar" for 2011 from Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Academy.
- " Talent Recognition Award " by GSB SABHA, Mumbai(2014)
- and many more to her Credit.